Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Cocoa Berry Overnight Oats


Ohmygoodness, I know the kids are back to school, which means the end of summer is nigh.  But doesn't it just feel Fallish out there?!  It's sooo cold in the mornings already, and I've worn boots twice(!) in the last week.  If that's not a sign that fall is on it's way, I don't know what is.

Not sure why I took so long to get on board with the overnight oat trend that's been happening over the last couple years...but now I get what all the fuss is about.  Overnight Oats are the bomb, guys!  They take like 5 minutes to throw together, and when you wake up, they're ready! No muss, no fuss!

I'm not at all a wake up and eat kinda girl, I usually like to drink all the coffee, and then have a sweat sesh first.  Which also means, I am always in a rush, cramming too many tasks in too short of a morning.  But with these overnight oats ready to go, I can grab the jar as we fly out the door, and nosh en route to school/work.  It's a stick-to-yer-ribs brekkie, perfect for fall; keeping you warm, and full 'til lunch.

If you too, have been putting off trying overnight oats, you've got to give them a taste.  Seriously.

Cocoa Berry Overnight Oats

1/2 cup steel cut oats
3/4 cup almond milk (or fave dairy, or nut milk)
1 Tablespoon Chia seeds
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1-2 Tablespoon(s) maple syrup
1/4 cup dried berries (I used PC Brand Berry Blend)

Use a medium sized jar or tight sealing container.  Add the oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, dried berries, and stir to combine.  Next add the maple syrup, and almond milk, and stir again, until well mixed.  Place in the fridge 4-6 hours, or, as the name implies: overnight!  Stir once more in the morning, as the oats settle to the bottom.  Fill your belly, and have a great day!

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment