Friday, July 19, 2013

Sweet n' Salty Coconut Oil, Honey & Sea Salt Popcorn!


Oh My Goodness!  This popcorn is totally swoonable!  Who doesn't love the combo of salty and sweet? This is somewhat comparable to the kettle corn you might find at the farmer's market or a country fair, but a little bit more sticky, and a lot more deelish!  Aaaand, it's super easy and inexpensive to throw together! Yay!

1/2 cup popcorn kernels
3 Tablespoons coconut oil
2 Tablespoons honey
salt to taste

I use a air-popper for my popcorn, and then do my best to remove any unpopped kernels.  My technique is to use two bowls, shake the the first bowl so the seeds fall to the bottom, and then transfer to the second bowl by hand.
In a small pot, melt your coconut oil, and add honey, stirring until the two blend (you could also do this step in the microwave).  Pour about half over the popcorn, sprinkle with sea salt and give popcorn a toss (you may need to toss with your hands), then add the second half of the coconut oil & honey and another sprinkling of sea salt, so that it's distributed throughout the popcorn.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love popcorn, and adore Kettle Corn. I have a feeling this will be a staple around my house. I cook my popcorn in a kettle on the stove (burned my air popper out roasting coffee beans!) so I can make a BIG batch. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the recipe!! Let me know how it turns out, and I should have some more popcorn recipes up here soon - stay tuned!
    <3,
    Food Swoon

    ReplyDelete