Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Raw Coconut - Almond Cacao Nib Bites


 

Confession.  As good as I try to be, I cannot deny myself a sweet treat after a meal.  I gravitate toward wholesome foods allot more than the rest of my family, but I still buy them what they want, in moderation. but my husband is the worst for needing a million different treats to choose from.  So our pantry is full of horrible temptations; leftover Halloween candies, bags of chips, baking staples and everything that I bake with them for my family.   If I don't have a healthyish option on hand, I will grab bad stuff like a whole handful of chocolate chips or Nutella by the spoonful!


These raw treats are super fast and easy to throw together, and they are full of vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, and the antioxidant properties of the crunchy cacao nibs, and their natural sweetness from the dates satiates my cravings perfectly!



Raw Almond Coconut Cacao Nib Bites
Recipe Adapted From: oh lady cakes

1 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup raw almonds, divided
Pinch of salt
8 pitted dates

3 Tbsp almond milk (or water)
1/4 cup cacao nibs


In a food processor, blend the coconut, half of the almonds, and salt into a fine meal. Add the dates and pulse, then add the nut milk and pulse again, until combined.
Transfer the mixture to a small mixing bowl. Coarsely chop the remaining almonds then stir into the mixture, along with the cacao nibs.
These are bites not balls, so make them smallish, using a tsp as a guide, roll into balls, and place in seal-able container, destination fridge or freezer...they don't go rock hard in the freezer, and they'll last longer than in the fridge, but are delish either way!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment